27th May 2020
We sincerely hope that you are keeping safe and well. Thank you for your patience during this crisis. We understand how difficult it has been for all of us, as humans and anglers, up to this point.
Antrim & Newtownabbey Borough Council met last night (Tuesday 26th May) and took the decision to begin easing of lockdown measures across council-owned sites which includes Mossley Mill Fishery. The Association’s insurance which covers all members has now been ratified and is in place, however, the Association has now been given the ‘go-ahead’ from council staff and so fishing may now resume.
To make this work for the government, council, insurance, and ourselves, we require ALL members to observe the following new rules which will be in place for the duration of social distancing measures. Those who fail to observe the following rules in addition to normal club rules, may run the risk of having their membership revoked.
- Solitary fishing across 6 x pegged positions only of which 1 angler per peg. Fishing from boardwalk only.
- No more than 6 anglers on the boardwalk at any one time. There can be an unlimited number of bailiffs, all of which will be adhering to social distancing measures.
- Passing members to give a vocal signal to signal their intention to pass. Anglers are encouraged to take a step forward and look the opposite direction to allow person to pass safely. Where physically possible members encouraged to pass via the grass bank.
- No conversation when passing. Conversation can continue from the next peg.
Personal Health and Hygiene
- No fishing tackle to be shared. This includes but is not limited to clothing rods, reels, lines, leader, flies, nets etc.
- Please bring your own hand sanitiser and sanitise BEFORE and AFTER touching the gate to minimise indirect contact.
- Members with underlying health conditions and those advised by government to isolate at home, to continue to do so.
- Members who display COVID symptoms should stay at home.
Please note that all members may use the premises at their own risk and the club will not accept responsibility should any member contract symptoms after using the facility.
Tight lines to all and stay safe,
Threemilewater Conservation & Angling Association